The Kabbalistic Cross
Any time you may wish to invoke the Light-Presence or affirm one’s innate unity with the great divine this is a very simple way to do so. The cross also serves a very nice role when performing rituals as it draws the light energy from the divine into ourselves and prepares our bodies for the ritual. During the cross you should feel yourself become the center o the universe and feel the power flowing through you. If you wish, you could remain in the final posture of the cross and feel the energies move through you.
Performing the Kabbalistic Cross.
- Visualize yourself getting larger and larger, taller and taller, until you tower above the room you are in. Continue this growing visualization until the city you live in is small beneath your feet. See the continent as tiny compared to your majestic body. Now even the Earth is small beneath your feet. However, no matter how small the Earth is, it is still firm and solid beneath your feet, anchoring you to the ground. You will not float away.
- Next visualize yourself growing so large that the planets of our solar system are like tiny toy rubber balls spinning near your feet. Soon they are too small to see as even the Milky Way galaxy becomes a small dot of light at your feet. Now visualize a dot of light coming from somewhere far above your head. Know that this is only a tiny bit of the light from this source, and if you saw the full brightness of this light you would immediately be blinded and quite possibly go insane. This tiny bit of the endless, limitless light forms a brilliant white sphere of pulsating light just above your head. It is nine inches in diameter, about the size of a dinner plate. It is brighter than ten thousand suns, but still only a tiny portion of the source of this divine, spiritual white light. Point to that sphere above your head with your dagger or finger and “bring it down” (by pointing) to your forehead, just above and between the eyes.
- Next, visualize this brilliance filling your head with divine light. While pointing to your forehead vibrate: Ah-TAH
- Bring the point of the dagger (or your finger) firmly down your body until you are pointing toward the ground. Your hand with the blade should be covering your groin. As you do this, visualize the light in your head coming down along with the blade (or finger), down through your body and beyond your feet down to eternity. Vibrate: Malkuth.
- Now bring the blade up to your right shoulder. As you do this, visualize the beam of white light running down the centre of your body form a beam from the heart area out to your right, past the blade at your right shoulder. See this beam of light extend to the end of the universe, and beyond. Focus on this beam and vibrate: VihG’Vu-RAH.
- Move the point of the blade horizontally to your left shoulder. As you do, visualize the beam of white light now extending through infinite space to your left. As you focus on this beam of light vibrate: Vih-G’Doo-LAH.
- Clasp your hands at your chest as if If you are using a dagger, the point should be up, not pointing away from you nor to the sides or down. Visualize within your chest, at the point covered by your folded hands, a brilliant golden glow. Vibrate: Li-Oh-AHM,
- Hold your hand like you would in a prayer vibrate: Ah-MEN.