Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram:
Part one: Formulation of the pentagrams:
- Begin by moving from the center of your circle to the eastern most edge, facing east away from your altar.
- Using your right index finger or Athame trace the earth banishing pentagram as shown in the illustration below,
As you trace this pentagram visualize an electric blue energy coming from the tip of your finger or blade forming the pentagram as you finish tracing it, you should now have a fully formed pentagram glowing in blue electric energy.
- Inhale deeply through your nose, feel all the energy fill your body from all ends of the universe.
- As you inhale raise your hands up next to your ears, (finger or blade pointing forward) step forward with your left foot and thrust the index finger or blade through the center of the electric blue pentagram (this is also known as “the sign of the enterer” or “God form” as illustrated below) use your full exhalation to vibrate the God name: Yud-Heh-Vahv-Heh.
- Pushing your hands through the center of the pentagram and vibrating the God name, see a bright red energy coming from your index finger or blade through the center of the pentagram, charging and sealing it with energy.
- Return your hands next to your sides and step back, now point your finger or blade to the center of the pentagram.
- While keeping your finger or blade in the center of the pentagram draw a line the height of the center of the pentagram from the center of the pentagram, moving clockwise along your circle 90 degrees ending in the south.
- As you move to the south see the bright white light emanating from your finger or blade forming a line.
- Follow the steps as described above in the southern corner of your circle and vibrate the God name: Ah-Doh-Nye.
- Drawing the bright white line from the center again, move 90 degrees clockwise to end in the west.
- Follow the steps as described above in the western corner of your circle and vibrate the God name: Eh-Heh-Yeh.
- Drawing the bright white line from the center, move 90 degrees clockwise to end in the north.
- Follow the steps as described above in the northern corner of your circle and vibrate the God name: Ah-Glah.
- Now draw the bright white line back to the east to complete the circle of protection.
- Move back to the center facing east and see the white line of energy expanding all the way to the top and all the way back down to the bottom, creating a sphere of brilliant white light with your electric blue pentagrams in each corner, sealed and charged with their respective God names and energies.
Part Two: Evocation of the Archangels:
- Still back in the centre of your circle and facing east, spread your arms straight out to the sides to form a cross.
- If you are making use of the Athame, it should be pointing upwards at this stage.
- Visualize a figure on a hill in front of you, dressed in yellow robes with purplish highlights, the figure carries a Caduceus wand. (The symbol used by doctors, a wand entwined by serpents.) The figures robes wave in the wind, you should feel a breeze in the air, coming from behind the figure.
- Say with meaning: “Before me, Rah-fay-EL” (Vibrate the name of the Archangel).
- Without turning, visualize a figure behind you, dressed in blue robes with some orange highlights, the figure holds a silver cup in the form of a chalice encrusted with gems, and is surrounded by waterfalls. Feel the moisture in the air.
- Say with meaning: “Behind me, Gahb-ray-EL” (Again vibrating the name if the Archangel).
- To your right, visualize a figure dressed in scarlet robes with some green highlights, the figure holds a flaming sword, you should feel the heat coming from this direction.
- Say with meaning: “On my right hand, Mee-chai-EL.” (Again vibrating the name of the Archangel).
- To your left, visualize a figure dressed in greens and browns on a fertile landscape, the figure holds sheaves of wheat in his hands.
- Say with meaning: “On my left hand, Ohr-ree-EL” (Again vibrating the name if the Archangel).
- Move your left foot out to your left and visualize another electric blue pentagram, this time all around you, outlining your entire body. Say with meaning: “For about me flames the pentagram”.
- Visualize a golden hexagram, a six pointed star, sometimes called a Jewish star, within you, where your heart is. Say with meaning: “And within me shines the six-rayed star”.
- If you are not comfortable with the Jewish star, you may also visualize the unicursal hexagram, both figures below.